Monday, August 25, 2014

2 Month Post-Op

Nice to start the week with some good news...OFFICIALLY in the 270s!

277 pounds

Yes! I've lost 75 pounds since I had my VSG two months ago.  From a 4X shirt to 2X and 54 pants to 46. I'm feeling so much better physically and emotionally. I used to suffer emotional eating and just eat whenever I'm having a bad day but now I just go to the gym and walk, it makes me feel better about myself. I'm off medications and packed them all away!

Goodbye meds!

 Progress photos


I can now eat regular food but I watch my caloric intake and make sure I meet my daily nutritional needs. I drink at least 64 ounces of liquid a day to hydrate and replace fluid I lost from my work out. No more sweets and soda and I limit my carb intake. I average 5.5 miles walking on the treadmill everyday but sometimes when I had to work during the day and I don't make it to the gym on time at night, I just walk with my wife and kids around the block. Don't worry we bring a stroller with us and not let the kids walk for miles but they can walk if they want to. Just ordered a stationary bike so I can do some of my work outs at home, can't wait to get it delivered. 

God bless,
Joe